Modern Data Architectures for Analytics
Management for Technology Stack Modernization
When: Friday, October 20th - 2:30pm-5:30pm
Location: Denver University (Reiman Theater in Margery Reed Bldg)
Address: 2306 E. Evans Ave, Denver, CO 80210
Price: Log-in to receive membership pricing!
- Professional Members: Always Complimentary & Free!
- Guest Members: First In-Person event $0, In-Person $20, Virtual $10
- Non-members: In-Person $25, Virtual $15
1) Modern Data Architectures For Analytics - Case Study with Carlos Bossy
Carlos Bossy is an accomplished technology leader with over 30 years of experience driving innovation in the industry. As the Managing Partner at Datalere, a dynamic company specializing in business intelligence, advanced analytics solutions, data warehousing, software development, and database administration, Carlos brings a wealth of expertise to the forefront.
As a seasoned consultant, Carlos provides the technical experience as well as the skilled tactics required to successfully deliver complex projects. Through his professionalism and tactics working within complex systems he has delivered a very high degree of successful implementations. Follow and connect with Carlos on LinkedIn.
Today’s cloud environments allow us to create more sophisticated Modern Data Architectures for Analytics, that give an organization the ability to deliver data to everyone that needs it, when they need it, in the way they need it. In this session, Carlos Bossy will cover the data architect’s journey to achieving this goal.
What You Will Learn:
- The guiding principles for a modern data architecture
- Methods and concepts for the implementation
The result is an architecture that greatly enhances the capabilities of data-driven organizations.
2) Change Management while Modernizing the Technology Stack - Case Study with Carole Hill
Carole Hill is the Director of Data Strategy and Governance at Wilbur-Ellis. Carole has a background in Finance, Information Technology, and Data Management and leads enterprise data strategy focusing on technology modernization and business-led data governance. She is passionate about enabling competitive advantage utilizing data and insight, highlighting data as a valued enterprise asset and delivering data solutions built for adaptation and multi-use. With over 25 years of data-centric experience, including Vice President of Information Technology, she has led teams responsible for providing trusted and accessible data as a service, thus driving data-driven decisions and innovative capabilities.
Carole will present a case study on modernizing a data governance and analytics technology stack and discuss the following aspects of the project:
- Identify the Challenge - Acceptance and change management with adopting new cloud capabilities and ways of servicing data to both leadership and existing IT, security, scalability.
- Leadership Focus - Alignment with strategic projects and initiatives, data needs, AI, capabilities, competitive advantage, cost, timing.
- IT Focus - Control, job security, new ways of working, additional data uses requiring more service, governance, security, and self-service.
- Business Focus - Communication, alignment, partnership.
- Change Management - People, process, systems, education, communication, empowerment.
Available at the Evans Garage (corner of Evans & S. High Street) and is $2 per hour. ParkMobile app available (https://parkmobile.io/).
Campus Map: https://www.du.edu/site-utilities/maps
Join DAMA-RMC at Denver University. Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
Doors open at 2:00pm.
Event followed by a 'Pint of Data' Happy hour at Crimson & Gold
Address: 2017 S. University Blvd, Denver, CO 80210
Event table/booth and other sponsorship and job promotion opportunities available. See Sponsor Benefits for more information.
Contact PartnershipsVP@damarmc.org to book your space at a future events.