Seeking Talented & Unique People To Join the DAMA-RMC Board
Are you looking for your next growth opportunity or want to try something new? The DAMA-RMC board is actively seeking energetic, skilled, smart, thoughtful, and diverse candidates to join our team. We are always looking for great people for current and future roles and can tailor a position depending on your unique talents, interests, and skillsets.
Let's have a conversation and see what you can bring to the table and how we can support your growth!
Benefits of Serving on the DAMA-RMC Board
- Share your knowledge, experience, and talents with others
- Expanding your strategic thinking skills
- Develop skills and experience in new areas
- Build and expand your network with other data management professionals
- Increase your knowledge of the Data Management profession
- Discounts to National and International DAMA-sponsored conferences
- Giving back through a volunteer position
Board Member Key Focus Areas:
- Finance Financial strategy and management including: Maintaining DAMA-RMC's financial/legal/audit records, accounting for all revenues/dues/funds disbursement in a responsible and controlled manner, managing bank and vendor accounts/payments, and liaising with legal counsel/certified public accountants/insurance/banking institutions as needed.
- Data & Technology Technology/data strategy and execution including: Implementing/maintaining internal /external platforms/databases/technology solutions, managing data/web services/contracts, maintaining internal/public/member website content, and managing event audio/visual/digital platforms/technology.
- Membership & Partnerships Membership and partnership strategy and execution including: Developing member recruitment & engagement programs, preparing member statistics/data visualizations, coordinating/maintaining partner/sponsor programs, and securing/engaging corporate/event sponsors.
- Programs & Event Operations Program/event strategy and operations management including: Chapter meetings and events planning and scheduling, securing speakers and venues, event/venue/food/beverage operations/logistics/management, maintaining speaker/venue pipeline, and managing digital event participation.
- Marketing & Communications Communication strategy and plan execution including: Developing and maintaining communication standards and schedule, coordinating publication of digital newsletter & event invitations, and facilitating communications with members via social media and other channels.
- Professional Development Education strategy and CDMP support including: Raising awareness of the benefits of the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification, developing an overall strategy and plan that engages and enables community members to achieve their certification goals through developing and producing workshops, study groups or other education forums.
- Administration Administration strategy and execution including: Coordinating and managing board schedules/calendars, tracking goal/initiatives/deadlines/tasks, maintaining internal board platforms, ensuring current/accurate document management, and managing board member elections and onboarding.
Have you ever considered a position board, but weren't quite ready to jump in? We have two new ways to get involved:
- Board Committees: We are looking for member volunteers to join our new technology platforms & marketing/branding committees. The commitment is flexible and will include attending a few committee meetings and contributing your feedback and skills to specific short-term projects.
- Board Mentorship: Board mentees start with a flexible commitment that allows you to shadow either one or more board positions over a few months to learn more about the responsibilities and participate in the board without a full 2-year board commitment.